Located in beautiful Stockbridge, Massachusetts, the Austen Riggs Center is an innovative psychiatric hospital/residential treatment program with a completely voluntary and open setting.
Job Title :
Therapeutic Community Staff
Job Category list :
Full Time/Part Time
To Commensurate With Experience
City / Town :
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
We are seeking a Community Staff person to work 30-40 hours per week. The person in this position will work with patients and staff in the development, management, and provision of informal groups and activities aimed at community building across our continuum of care. The role also includes facilitating more formal group meetings focused on interpersonal learning, including understanding group dynamics. The major emphasis in all efforts is building a partnership between patients and staff in the service of creating a community that supports participation, learning and development.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach yoga, mindfulness practices, and other wellness offerings. The therapeutic community staff role is vital to maintaining a robust and thriving Therapeutic Community Program that supports treatment and enhances human development through group engagement and the recognition of patient authority.
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology or related field. Masters preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and leadership capacities, interpersonal and group skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Experience working with groups, work in a therapeutic community or residential treatment setting preferred
- Ability to teach mindfulness/meditation classes is an asset
- Competence with computer and other office equipment.
- Capacity to engage in and lead physical activities (e.g., hikes).