MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown), Boston South (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate), and Boston North (Danvers). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
Founded in 1848, MountainOne Bank provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor).
Professional Development is one of MountainOne’s core commitments. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for career growth, and access to meaningful benefits. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply.
Job Title :
VP- Senior Human Resources Officer
Job Category list :
To Commensurate With Experience
City / Town :
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
MountainOne is seeking a lead Human Resources Professional to develop and implement Human Resource strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy of the Company. The VP HR will also develop and implement Human Resource policies and procedures for all MountainOne affiliates to recruit and retain quality staff and will manage payroll and benefits administration for all companies. In addition, the VP HR will be responsible for all Human Resource compliance to minimize risk to the organization and serves as the Bank’s SAFE Act Officer and maintain NMLS database.
Some of the primary responsibilities are;
1. Nurture a positive working environment.
2. Manages the payroll function and benefits administration for MountainOne Bank and all affiliates.
3. Develops and directs management of compensation guidelines and policies.
4. Conducts periodic reviews of compensation guidelines and policies to ensure that the benefits and compensation offered by MountainOne are competitive with market analysis and its competitors.
5. Coordinates and analyzes salary surveys to compare the Company’s pay rates with those of its competitors.
6. Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
7. Assesses training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
8. Manages employee relations for the entire Company including leaves of absence, development projects, on-boarding and separation.
9. Monitors and makes recommendations to ensure the Company and all affiliates are in compliance with laws and regulations.
10. Manages Internship program.
11. Prepares and manages implementation of salary changes as appropriate, including the annual performance review process and on an as needed basis.
12. Manages retirement benefits for retirees of the Company including defined benefit, 401(K), supplemental executive retirement plans, and retiree medical benefits.
13. Serves as direct contact for DUA in unemployment matters.
14. Participates in various management and staff meetings.
15. Ensures consistency with all policies and procedures; maintaining fairness to all staff personnel.
16. In conjunction with Senior Management, manages the Company’s job specifications, job screening and recruitment activities, selection of staff for promotions, change of job assignments, terminations and transfers.
17. Maintains all HR functions with the assistance of the HR Officer, Executive Administrator and Executive Assistant to the President & CEO.
Please include a cover letter with your resume expressing your interest and highlighting how your experiences could positively impact MountainOne.