MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown), Boston South (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate), and Boston North (Danvers). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
Founded in 1848, MountainOne Bank provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor).
Professional Development is one of MountainOne’s core commitments. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for career growth, and access to meaningful benefits. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply.
Additional Business Name :
Job Title :
Community Banking Officer
Job Category list :
To Commensurate With Experience
City / Town :
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
As the Branch Manager, this position is primarily responsible for a full range of customer care featuring advanced levels of outreach. The Community Banking Officer oversees the operation of the branch, including supervising staff to ensure the team provides superior customer service in accordance with our Community Banking Service Standards and actively practices the company’s core commitments. The CBO is responsible for setting business growth goals,maintaining and expanding account relationships, and achieving revenue growth. The CBO participates in community engagement and marketing activities, and helps maintain a positive branch image.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The job performance of the Community Banking Officer includes the following, and other/related duties as assigned.
1. Customer Care
• Provide excellent customer care and quality customer services, including but not limited to, opening new consumer and commercial deposit accounts, opening IRA plans, consumer loan origination, performing account transfers and wires per bank regulations and guidelines.
• Perform activities requiring signing authority, including checks and transfers.
• Handle advanced customer care and problem resolution; outreach;manage customer account reports.
• Provide transactional support on the teller line to include vault operations and procedures.
2. Operations and Compliance
• Provide system and procedures training to branch personnel.
• Maintain the highest level of knowledge and understanding of all
electronic banking channels.
• Comply, keep updated with policies, procedures, compliance training;
comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines. Participate in
audits. Comply with the company’s code of ethics.
• Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all
customer business confidential.
• Maintain knowledge of all bank policies and procedures relevant to
• Open and close the branch office when necessary, following
established security guidelines.
• Oversee the daily operation of the branch in the absence of the
Community Banking Officer. Perform all Personal Banker duties as
3. Business Development
• Actively refer loan, insurance and investment services to achieve
• Work on new business opportunities internally and externally, as
sourced by the CBO. With the CBO, set business growth goals.
4. Individual and Team Effectiveness
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to the bank’s sales culture,
established service standards and serve as a brand ambassador.
Participate in community engagement and marketing activities.
• Maintain a commitment to ongoing training and education.
• Perform related customer service and clerical duties as assigned by
the Community Banking Officer.
Limits of Authority:
Limits of authority will be established by the Vice President, Senior Cmmunity Banking Officer.
Items Requiring Approval:
• Wires over stated Assistant CBO limits.
• Signing Treasurer’s Checks over stated Assistant CBO limits.
• Fee reversals over $40.00.
• Access to perform various functions within the Core Operating System.
• Math literacy and intermediate financial calculations.
• Understanding of all aspects of electronic banking.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Systems knowledge (teller and customer management);LaserPro and
DepositPro system knowledge.
• Branch procedures; cash handling; ATM processes and procedures.
• Product knowledge,e.g. deposit accounts,loan products,features/benefits.
• Business development; ability to work with the CBO to identify and
target opportunities; manage and grow customer relationships.
• Sales process; as relates to selling through, cross-selling and making
• Critical thinking,including data analysis and problem-solving.
• Goal-orientation; ability to expend the time, effort and focus necessary
to achieve goals.
• Personal accountability and accountability for others.
• Interpersonal skills;communication skills,including verbal,written and
• Empathy, ability to relate to and care for others.
• Flexibility, ability to adapt to situations and others.
• Conflict management; ability to identify, address and resolve issues or
concerns with diplomacy.
• Intermediate supervisory skills, including support of individual/team
• Teamwork, and ability to set and achieve team goals.
• Customer service and relationship-management; strive to anticipate,meet,
exceed customer expectations.
• Act and communicate professionally, with consideration, respect and
• Associate’s degree.
• Minimum of two years of experience as a highly rated Personal Banker.
• Flexibility and availability to service all banking hours, as needed.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time outside a 25-mile radius.
• Ability to sit, drive, bend, make/answer telephone calls.