We own and operate The Inn at Stockbridge, an upscale 15 room inn in Stockbridge, MA
Additional Business Name :
The Inn at Stockbridge
Job Title :
Housekeeper - Seasonal
Job Category list :
Hotel & Restaurant
13 To Commensurate With Experience
City / Town :
Degree Preferred :
Job Description :
Large, upscale B & B in Stockbridge seeks a qualified person to work part-time as a housekeeper for the season and possibly beyond. Our housekeepers clean rooms and common spaces. Examples of housekeeping tasks include: making beds, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and polishing furniture, doing laundry, emptying waste baskets, vacuuming rooms, halls and stairs.
Interviews will be conducted in April, with training to be held in May.
This is a physical job that requires climbing stairs several times a day and carrying large loads of laundry, etc. Hours average as many as 7 hours per day in season.
Housekeepers must be able to work quickly and efficiently, under strict deadlines, and be able to speak clearly and be understood by guests. Must have neat appearance, clean record, reliable transportation, and provide proof of ability to work in the U.S. This person must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Experience preferred but will consider training the right person.
• Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be a team player, able to work with others.
• Must be consistent and reliable.
• Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment as well as cleaning techniques.
• Moderate physical effort, stamina required
• Frequent lifting, pushing of supplies and equipment.
• Prolonged standing, walking, reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
• Must be able to work independently and follow instructions regarding priorities of tasks or functions.
• Must learn the standards for cleanliness and maintenance of all common areas inside and outside.
***Must have neat appearance, clean record and reliable transportation and be able to provide proof of ability to work in the U.S.