Company Description: The City of Pittsfield is the cultural, commercial, legal, and medical center of the Berkshires – a region renowned for its wonderful people, outstanding standard of living, beautiful landscapes, and the finest in cultural and recreational attractions.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a multicultural work force, excellence in public service, and on-going mutual respect in our working relationships. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for any job, please visit our careers page:
To Commensurate With Experience
The City of Pittsfield’s Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is seeking to fill the position of Volunteer Coordinator. This individual will conduct volunteer recruitment, intake, placement, orientation, evaluation, and trainings. The Coordinator will effectively manage RSVP volunteer statistics, RSVP Reporter software and computer input of volunteer hours, assignments, and station requests. The Volunteer Coordinator will assist with the Annual Volunteer Recognition Event, 4th of July Parade, Arbor Day Celebration and other RSVP special events and projects. This individual will be responsible for community outreach, publicity, planning, implementation of events, creation of flyers, public service announcements, media articles, and RSVP visibility.
• Develops and implements volunteer recruitment strategies
• Supervises RSVP volunteers who assist with computer input of monthly hour statistics, phone calling, maintenance, miscellaneous office jobs, and special events, etc.
• Effectively manages RSVP volunteer statistics, RSVP Reporter software and computer input of volunteer hours, assignments, and station requests
• Preparation of CNS (Corporation for National Service) reports, Program for Impact Surveys, volunteer documentation, E-Grant Application/ PPVA/ PFI/ PPR assistance and data etc.
• Attends professional development workshops, as suggested by supervisor
• Ensures that new volunteers receive welcome packets/membership cards / related training
• Processes and maintains (in confidential file) all CORI’s (Criminal Offense Record Investigation Forms) for volunteers; and NSOPW Report (National Sex Offender Public Website)
• Maintains cooperative working relations with stations, conduct annual site visits, trainings, and prepare station reports and maintains volunteer and station files insuring they are current and complete
• Designs and produces the RSVP quarterly 6-8 page newsletter and prepares the distribution to affiliates
• Ensures that the RSVP Web Site is revised biannually and ensures that the RSVP Facebook page is updated
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience working with Senior Citizens
• Valid Massachusetts Class D driver’s license
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Must be well-organized with the ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal communication and effective writing to/with employees, senior citizens, residents and community agencies
• Ability to interact with people on an up-beat and friendly basis, regardless of circumstances
• Solid computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to: Word, Excel and Outlook.
Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Applications accepted until position is filled.
To apply, please visit our careers page,