Company Description: The City of Pittsfield is the cultural, commercial, legal, and medical center of the Berkshires – a region renowned for its wonderful people, outstanding standard of living, beautiful landscapes, and the finest in cultural and recreational attractions.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a multicultural work force, excellence in public service, and on-going mutual respect in our working relationships. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for any job, please visit our careers page:
Oil & Gas Burner Technician
The City of Pittsfield's Building Maintenance Department is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Oil & Gas Burner Equipment Technician position. Under the supervision of the director of maintenance, the candidate will maintain city owned buildings and schools; Installing, inspecting, and repairing heating equipment.
• Installing, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining heating equipment, including boilers, oil burners, controls, water return pumps, steam traps low-water cutoffs, safety valves, control valves, draft controls, draft inducers, smoke pipes, chimneys, etc.
• Lubricating motors of heating, ventilating, air conditioning equipment, refrigeration equipment.
• Installing and maintaining water gauge glasses, control valves, and piping associated with boilers, heating systems, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment.
• Maintaining motorized valves on steam lines; calibrating draft controls; maintaining air compressors; testing and adjusting safety controls and valves.
• Replacing strainers on low-water cut offs; draining and testing boilers.
• Adjusting dampers of air conditioning equipment; replacing filters of air conditioning equipment, checking and repacking air controls on power regulator systems of air conditioning equipment.
• Chemical treatment of boiler water and condensate return systems.
• Maintaining and repair of cooling towers, uni-vents, air conditioning & refrigeration equipment.
• Calibration and repair of pneumatic control system & their associated piping & components parts.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• High school diploma.
• Valid Massachusetts motor vehicle operator's license, Class D.
• Must be able to obtain the following credentials within six (6) months of employment: gas license (required), steam fitters (preferred), Commonwealth of Massachusetts Certificate of Competency to make, alter or repair and oil or gas burner installation. Certificate must read "Restriction Code: None". (required)
• Background in wiring of controls.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain professional working relationships with other employees and departments within the City; ability to interact with people on an up-beat and friendly basis, regardless of circumstances
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 7:00AM – 3:30PM
$42,770 - $55,805 annual base salary
For full job description and/or to apply, please visit our careers page,