Company Description: Elizabeth Freeman Center provides domestic
violence and sexual assault services and
advocacy in Berkshire County and surrounding
areas. Our services are free and confidential,
and include counseling, safe shelter, court
advocacy, a 24/7 toll-free hotline, and much
more. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Elizabeth Freeman Center (EFC) seeks a dynamic, full-time Prevention Educator to provide violence prevention and sex education programming primarily to local students and youth.
• Work directly with youth to offer engaging programming on healthy relationships and healthy sexuality; preventing teen dating violence, sexual violence, and bullying; and developing youth leadership and bystander awareness
• Provide trainings to educators and administrators on responding to youth violence, fostering positive school culture, and addressing implicit bias
• Offer support, advocacy, assistance, and referrals when students disclose experiences with violence
• Develop curricula and coordinate trainings
• Contribute to outreach and collaboration efforts, including: collaborating with community partners in county-wide efforts, attending coalition meetings, nurturing relationships with schools and youth organizations, offering community education presentations to other service providers and community members, disseminating program outreach materials, and tabling at community events
• Contribute to social media campaigns
• Keep excellent records and fulfill all reporting requirements
• Participate in internal programmatic meetings, supervision, committees, and projects, and complete any additional training recommended by supervisor
• Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with youth participants and adhere to strict guidelines and protocols to ensure client confidentiality
• Other duties as assigned to promote agency mission
• Passion for, and experience in, working with youth
• Commitment to diversity, social justice, and anti-oppression work
• Connection to local community
• Excellent skills in: youth group facilitation, verbal and written communication, computers/technology, organization, and collaboration
• Ability to work well as a part of a team and independently
• Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree, or relevant, comparable life experience
• Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI and have valid Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation
Work Hours: Full-time. Daily schedule often aligned with school hours.
Compensation and benefits: Competitive pay, excellent benefits.
Applying: To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Unfortunately, we CANNOT accept applications submitted through berkshirejobs.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.