Company Description: Berkshire County Head Start is a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and care. Our organization offers a half-day pre-school program in 6 sites throughout Berkshire County. In North Adams, Pittsfield and Great Barrington we also provide full-day child care services for families while they work, go to school, or look for employment.
North Adams, Pittsfield, Lee, Great Barrington, Becket
Up to One Year
EEC Certified - Preference: Preferred
Imagine working for an organization where laughing every day is part of your job. Imagine coming to work and teaching an engaging audience. Imagine working within collaborative high performing professionals who will encourage your success. Imagine not having to compete with cell phones. If you can imagine all of this and more, consider applying for an opportunity with Berkshire County Head Start.
• includes 4 weeks vacation with sick, health, dental, life & short term disability
• Full-time (40 hours per week) and part time (25 hours per week) positions available.
Please apply by email to email@example.com with letter of interest, resume and active references.
• EEC Certification Preferred
• Preschool teaching experience
• Candidate must be able to work as a strong and cooperative member of a team and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Applicant must be able to provide references, pass a Background Records Check, be reliable, be a team player, and be able to provide documentation of good health to work with children (current physical/immunizations/etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Tasks involve highly active physical effort: must be able to twist, kneel, stoop, sit on the floor, bend, and sit at a child’s eye level and safely lift up to 50 lbs. Tasks require dexterity in the use of fingers and limbs. Tasks may involve extended periods of time sitting at a workstation and utilizing a keyboard. Must be able to participate and actively supervise children (walking, running, jumping, hopping, kneeling, and bending), as well as assist with the loading and unloading of buses (helping children buckle/unbuckle car seats, manage the stairs).
Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to different locations within our organization from time-to-time.
Some tasks require manual dexterity. Tasks require visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors. Tasks require oral communications ability.
Berkshire County Head Start is an EEO employer.