Company Description: MASS MoCA is one of the world's liveliest (and largest) centers for making and enjoying today's most important art, music, dance, theater, film, and video. Hundreds of works of visual and performing art have been created on its 19th-century factory campus during fabrication and rehearsal residencies, making MASS MoCA among the most productive sites in the country for the creation and presentation of new art. More platform than box, MASS MoCA strives to bring to its audiences art experiences that are fresh, engaging, and transformative.
Full / Part Time
High School or Equivalent
Multiple openings available
Apply by June 22, 2020
Custodians are responsible for performing routine and preventative cleaning of the museum galleries, offices, and tenant spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing all routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned using prescribed procedures
• Cleaning of galleries
• Cleaning of tenant spaces
• Trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
• Cleaning and supporting special events on the MASS MoCA campus
• Reporting observed damages or defects in assigned areas
• Sweeping and grounds maintenance as necessary, including window washing
• Assisting with snow removal and sanding as necessary
• Following technical and safety procedures as instructed by his/her supervisor
• Assisting with event set-up and tear-down as necessary
• Assuming additional responsibilities as required
• High school diploma/GED required
• Two years’ cleaning experience
• Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning, safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, and equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
• Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators.
• Candidates must be hardworking, reliable, punctual, and dedicated.
• Candidates should be able to work independently and must be self-motivated.
• Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and may be required to work various shifts if needed, including overtime; ability to work on weekends and holidays is a must.
• Working events and festivals is a requirement.
• This is a year-round position; must be able to work in all types of weather
• Must be able to walk staircases
• Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances
• Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able and comfortable with climbing ladders and ascension equipment