Perform a wide variety of duties to assist with membership cultivation and retention for a comprehensive membership program including 5000+ members at annual giving levels ranging from $65 to $1,200.
Minimum Starting Salary: $17.00/hour
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of membership dues and distribution of acknowledgement letters, membership cards, and renewal request letters related to the membership program.
- First point of contact for all membership phone calls and inquiries – both sales and non-sales related.
- Assist with the fulfillment of all membership benefits. These include necessary information on gift tax-deductibility, mailings, events, discounts, guest passes, seasonal membership premiums, and updated information about certain programs.
- Assist with the development of effective membership events and programming. Represent
the Clark at membership functions, family days, and other department events. Prepare and distribute relevant materials for each event and distribute attendee lists to the advancement department. Responsible for data entry of attendees.
- Submit calendar descriptions for all events. This includes updating activities in the Clark Artranet, Outbound and Counterpoint.
- Create and send monthly member email blasts with content provided. This will involve collaborating with other departments to develop the email blasts and to maintain an appropriate schedule.
- Work with the Membership Director and Manager, Donor Information Services to optimize the use of the Raiser’s Edge database, Counterpoint and Outbound to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all donor and visitor information.
- Provide administrative support when needed. This would include but is not limited to, answering phones, taking messages, filing, directing questions to the appropriate source of information, tracking event guest lists and responses.
- Staff the membership desk on a regular basis during busy season and as needed in the off-season.
- Train and assist membership interns with daily tasks when needed.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining membership supply, inventory and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: This position requires sitting at a desk/workstation and using a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and museum spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.