Shaker Mountain Union 70 School District
1831 State Road
Company Description: Shaker Mountain Union 70 School District is located in central Berkshire County. The district consists of Hancock Elementary School and Richmond Consolidated School and the town of New Ashford.
Sped Director - Hancock/New Ashford School District
Some High School Coursework
MA - Preference:
The School Districts of Hancock and New Ashford are currently looking to hire a part time Director Of Special Education. The position is a .2 FTE (one day a week) with the anticipated start date of 7/1/2020.
• 1) Directs and coordinates special education programs in public school systems, public agencies, and state institutions to teach students with mental or physical disabilities: Formulates policies and procedures for new or revised programs or activities, such as screening, placement, education, and training of students.
• 2) Evaluates special education programs to ensure that objectives for student education are met.
• 3) Interprets laws, rules, and regulations to students, parents, and staff.
• 4) Recruits, selects, and evaluates staff.
• 5) Prepares budget and solicits funds to provide financial support for programs.
• 6) May contract with agencies for needed services, such as residential care.
Please send applications by 3/20/2020
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference to:
Dr. Peter Dillon, Superintendent
Richmond Consolidated School
1831 State Rd
Richmond, MA 01254