Shaker Mountain Union 70 School District
1831 State Road
Company Description: Shaker Mountain Union 70 School District is located in central Berkshire County. The district consists of Hancock Elementary School and Richmond Consolidated School and the town of New Ashford.
Additional Business Name: Hancock Central School
Some High School Coursework
Hancock Elementary School
Postion open for start of 2021-2022 school year
The Hancock School District seeks a Classroom Teacher to work in our mulit-grade 2nd/3rd grade classroom.
Job Summary: To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree from accredited College or University
Possession of a valid Massachusetts Teaching License
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, parents, teaching and support staff, administration, and the community.
Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in United States required
1. Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, investigate, and engage in active learning.
2. Establish and foster a positive classroom culture that supports students in their academic, social, and emotional growth.
3. Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
4. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
5. Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
6. Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic challenges.
7. Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
8. Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states.
9. Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
10. Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
11. Use computers, audiovisual aids, technology, and other equipment and materials to supplement instruction.
12. Supervise and plan assignments for paraprofessionals.
Requirements: Strong oral and written communication skills. Computer proficiency. Demonstrated ability to work well with others. Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
Terms of Employment: 185 school days
Salary: Per Teacher Contract
Interested candidates should apply through School Spring or submit a Resume and Cover Letter to Jay Merselis, Principal at email@example.com.
The Hancock School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, gender identity, homelessness, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Equal Opportunity Employer.