Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
North Adams - 413-663-6549
Adams - 413-743-1941
Pittsfield - 413-447-7301
Additional Business Name: Big Y
Food Service Clerk - North Adams location
Some High School Coursework
• Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
• Use Creative and Suggestive Selling Team and 10 Foot Rule? techniques to build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Prepare, weigh, finish, slice, price, package, and stock product.
• Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, cooler, etc.).
• Operate, clean, and reassemble equipment/machinery where applicable.
• Operate a cash register where applicable.
• Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
• Adhere to all government foods safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, culling, coding, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures, etc.).
• Adhere to all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.).
• Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through Big Y’s Firm Foundations? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.