ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS SERVICE CLERK
• Bag groceries, retrieve carriages, return back-shop, and other tasks as needed.
• Perform maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store to present a safe, clean, attractive environment.
• Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., racks, sales floor, bottle redemption area, closets, workstations, etc.).
• Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Operate equipment/machinery where applicable.
• Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
• Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CASHIER:
- Ability to represent Big Y by working together with fellow Big Y employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Operate a cash register, scanner and scale using correct scan or ring methods.
- Accurately scan/ring all items.
- Make change and cash checks following company policy and issue receipts accurately.
- Bag groceries efficiently using proper technique.
- Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Chairman’s Challenge).
- Adhere to and enforce all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Adhere to and enforce all government food safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, rotating, etc.).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.