SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our seafood clerk is responsible for supporting the seafood area.
1. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence; through Big Y’s Firm Foundations; (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
2. Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
3. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
4. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
5. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
7. Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
8. Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
9. Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.
10. Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
1. Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
2. Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
3. Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
4. Occasionally squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
5. Work in cold (freezer/cooler) and/or heat (ovens) as needed.