Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or email@example.com
Additional Business Name: Big Y Pittsfield 200 West Street Pittsfield MA
Assistant Customer Service Manager - Pittsfield MA
Some High School Coursework
Assist the Customer Service Manager in the following functions as needed:
1. Recruit, interview and select employees.
2. Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
3. Create weekly scheduled shifts while controlling payroll costs.
4. Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
5. Cultivate growth through the development of high potential employees.
6. Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
7. Handle conflict and counsel employees that require disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
8. Handle customer transactions and resolve customer concerns as necessary.
9. Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds, and other media as assigned.
10. Achieve all operations objectives/goals for assigned area(s) (e.g. budget, productivity, inventory management, merchandising/signage, promotions/contests, etc.).
11. Ability to represent Big Y by working together with fellow Big Y employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
12. Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
13. Monitor, order, receive and maintain department product and/or supplies using appropriate tools.
14. Ensure proper department conditions (e.g., booth, safe, racks, sales floor, bottle redemption area, closets, workstations, etc.).
15. Oversee, supervise and support the success of the Little Y Play area as assigned.
16. Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Chairman’s Challenge).
17. Adhere to and enforce all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
18. Adhere to and enforce all government food safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, rotating, etc.).
19. Adhere to and enforce all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.), as well as report and collaborate with Risk Management on all claims.
20. Adhere to and enforce all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., taking accurate inventory, controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
21. Adhere to and enforce all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outline in 5S (sort and remove, shine and inspect, set locations and visual cues, systematize, stay the course).
22. Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
1. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through the support of Big Y’s Mission & Vision.
2. Ability to develop, motivate, and influence others through training, mentoring, coaching and team-building.
3. Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
4. Demonstrates financial acumen.
5. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
6. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
7. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
9. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
10. Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
11. Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
12. Must be at least 18 years of age.