Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or email@example.com
Additional Business Name: Big Y Foods - Lee
Cashier - Lee
To Commensurate With Experience
Some High School Coursework
• Operate a cash register, scanner and scale using correct scan or ring method.
• Accurately scan/ring all items.
• Make change, cash checks following company policy and issue receipts accurately.
• Bag groceries efficiently using proper technique.
• Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
• Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence; Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
Must project a clean and professional appearance.
Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.
Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.