Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel in Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, The Tap House at Shaker Mill Tavern in West Stockbridge, and cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Hotel on North
Front Desk Team Member
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms, providing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Knows how to use Front Office equipment.
• Greets guests upon arrival with warmth & hospitality; uses Roaring Raves hospitality principles to create the best possible guest experience.
• Register guests, assigns rooms, and ensures all policies are understood. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
• Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Understands room status and room status tracking.
• Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
• Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
• Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Has knowledge of and follows cancellation procedures.
• File room keys and make new packets
• Money handling / cash outs. Process guest check-outs; ability to post charges to guest accounts & settle accounts.
• Concierge – having working knowledge of local attractions & activities and ability to assist guests in creating the best experience possible.
• Able to direct inquiries or issues to the correct person or department.
• Follows procedures for DVD & game “rentals.”
• Uses proper telephone etiquette, answers the phone, manages incoming calls.
• Reads daily reports: therefore is adequately informed (both “Shift” and “Housekeeping” reports).
• Reports any complaints, unusual occurrences or requests to the Manager or Manager on Duty.
• Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
• Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area; as well as lobby and gift shop.
• Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts/departments.
• Any other duties as assigned by Manager.