Williams College Student Health Center is now accepting applications for a Medical Assistant. The Williams College Health Center provides excellent primary and urgent health care to its students. Within the framework of Williams' philosophy and objectives, and under the direction of the Director of Medical Services, the Medical Assistant assists the nursing team in performing routine nursing duties associated with caring for the ambulatory patient.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
• Screen and prepare patient for medical providers
• Perform vital signs, electrocardiograms, visual testing and peak flow meter, and documentation of patient complaints
• Assist medical providers during patient examinations and treatment
• Schedule appointments and perform clerical duties associated with medical encounters
• Participate in tracking outside referrals
• Administer injections and vaccinations and draw blood as requested by medical providers
• Assist with maintenance of equipment, supplies and treatment rooms
• Review treatment instructions, directions for outside referrals and follow-up care as per medical providers
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Medical Assistant certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant Training program
• Experience in a fast-paced ambulatory practice environment preferred
• Experience working with an electronic health record preferred
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and hand-eye coordination
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods chime
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
• Requires corrected vision, hearing, and speech within normal ranges
• Requires working under stressful conditions and sometimes irregular hours
• Exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, and toxic substances may occur
This is a full-time (40-hrs/wk.), academic year (9-month), regular appointment. Includes weekend rotations.
Review of resumes will begin November 3, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.