- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts Drivers License.
- Possess or possess the ability to acquire a Grade I Treatment and a Grade II Distribution, Massachusetts Drinking Water Supply License within 18 months.
- Possess or possess the ability to acquire a hydraulic license (2A-1C) within 18 months.
- Possess or possess the ability to acquire a Back Flow Prevention Device Testing License within 18 months.
- Certified Surveyor for Back Flow Prevention or possess the ability to become a certified surveyor within 3 years.
- Is available to respond to problems which occur at any time.
- Must have general knowledge of vehicle and equipment repair.
- 2 years’ experience as an operator or equivalent in construction or maintenance of a water distribution system would be benifitial.
- Although it is not required the Operator / Labor Person live in the Town, he / she must live within a distance which is close enough to the Town that he / she is able to respond to any condition within a reasonable time. (15 Minutes)
- Understand and follow all safety procedures related to job responsibilities.
- Understand and properly operate tools and equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, coworkers, and the general public.
- Follow directions on projects.
Applicants should submit a cover letter of introduction and a resume along with an application to Bob.Benlien@daltonfiredistrict.org.
Applications can be found on the district website at https://www.daltonfiredistrict.org/job-posting
Applications, cover letters and resumes may also be sent by mail to: 20 Flansburg Ave Dalton Ma 01226 Attn: Water Dept.