Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Medical Receptionist Full Time w/benefits Adams, MA
The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to Community Health Programs Adams Internist office and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. S/he collects co-payment and notifies providers that patients have arrived for their appointments. S/he calls patients in advance to remind them of appointment and checks referrals as needed. S/he is responsible for the providers’ schedules and insures that patients and providers are notified accordingly. The Receptionist supports the mission, values, and vision of CHP. The position may include evening work.
This is 40 hour a week position in Adams, MA. Monday through Friday, No Nights or Weekends.
• Provides excellent customer service skills and welcomes patients to the medical practice.
• Provides schedule support for CHP medical providers.
• Collects co-pays.
• Insures that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments.
• Makes reminder or re-scheduling phone calls.
• Checks to ensure referrals are received.
• Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas.
• Supplies information to callers and records messages.
• Performs clerical duties as requested.
• Professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Ability to travel to all sites as assigned.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; strong work ethic. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong ability to multi-task.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
o Professional - Keeps own emotions in tact
o Manages difficult or emotional customer situations with respect and kindness;
• Responds promptly to customer needs;
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Meets commitments and is punctual.
• Follows policies and procedures;
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical records and central reception coverage.
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Keeps emotions under control.
• Professional, welcoming personality.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Oral and Written Communication:
• Responds well to questions.
• Takes careful and accurate notes.
• Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
• Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical Office experience is a plus. Medical Assistant Certification is a plus.
S/he must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and utilize Excel. Database skills are a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.