Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Certified Dental Assistant-FT with benefits- Pittsfield, MA
To Commensurate With Experience
Summary: The Dental Assistant provides support to CHP dentists and dental hygienist as needed and also is crossed trained on reception at the dental practice. The Dental Assistant supports the mission, values, and vision of CHP and follows all compliance protocols.
This is 40 hour a week position in Pittsfield, MA. Monday through Friday, No Nights or Weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports CHP dentists by assisting with instruments, seating patients, room preparation and instrument cleaning.
• Greets patients upon arrival, escorts patients from waiting room to treatment room.
• Takes patient vitals and records for dentist evaluation.
• Take dental intra-oral and radiographs.
• Gather patient’s medical history for dentist review and final documentation.
• Documents patient’s current medicines, medical conditions and pre-med if needed.
• Document patient’s blood pressure, weight and smoking status
• Provides chair side assistance during procedures as directed by attending dentist.
• Performs lab tasks as including denture and crown preparation
• Ensure lab cases for the next day have arrived from the Lab
• Sets up, breaks and wipes down treatment room between patients
• Cleans and sterilize dental instruments.
• Follows all safety protocols set forth by CHP, Department of Public Health and OSHA
• Answers phones as needed.
• Schedules new and established patent appointments as needed.
• May collect patient’s co-pay, deductibles and treatment payments when applicable.
• Relieves and steps in for receptionist when needed.
• May be responsible to open and close front door of office at start and end of day.
• Confirm patient appointments for the upcoming days
• Inform Dental Center Practice Manager of any irregular procedure observed by a patient or companion while at the waiting are or during intake process.
• Observe and cooperate with the security of the Dental center at all time.
• Must be Registered and Licensed with the State of Massachusetts as a Registered Dental Assistant
• DANB certification is required
• Maintain a current CPR license.
• Attend continuing education meetings to maintain license
• Be efficient and proficient in Electronic Dental Record systems; Dentrix preferred.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including working in the Gt Barrington office on occasion.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects or tasks.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional patient situations;
• Responds promptly to patient needs;
• Solicits patient feedback to improve service;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Meets commitments and is punctual.
• Follows policies and procedures;
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/dental coverage or other site management as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Keeps emotions under control.
• Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Oral and Written Communication:
• Responds well to questions.
• Takes careful and accurate notes.
• Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
• Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Must be Registered and Licensed with the State of Massachusetts as a Registered Dental Assistant. The preferred candidate will have health-care, social work or related educational background. Must have outstanding communication skills and must have ability to develop efficient operational systems. Sound analytical skills required. S/he must have the ability to lead a diverse team. Computer skills and patient scheduling experience required. Five years of related experience and supervisory experience required.