Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Surgical/Procedure/Outpatient Testing Coordinator - FT 40 hrs. ObGyn Great Barrington
High School or Equivalent
CMA - Preference: Preferred
Summary: The Surgical/Procedure/Outpatient Testing Coordinator position schedules appropriate procedures/surgeries per clinician’s orders. The Coordinator schedules office based procedures consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Surgical/Procedure/Outpatient Testing Coordinator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pre-certifying procedures.
• Scheduling surgical procedures at FV.
• Handling pre/post-surgical appointments.
• Providing educational materials for procedures.
• Scheduling imaging studies at different area hospitals.
• Setting up specialty consults.
• Assist patient in navigation of various testing.
• Team player able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without becoming overwhelmed.
• Needs to be efficient and sensitive to timeliness of booking.
• Have clear understanding of schedules of providers in OR/office to create an efficient and productive.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
• Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in, when needed, and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School degree
• Medical Assistant experience preferred
• Medical office experience is a plus as well as electronic medical records experience
• Must have a background that includes medical terminology
• Experience in OBGYN is preferred