Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Clinical Nutritionist- PT 20 hrs. Lee and Great Barrington
To Commensurate With Experience
Lee, Great Barrington
Massachusetts State Licensure and Commission on Dietetic Registration - Preference: Required
Nutritionist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review of patient’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
• Conducts nutritional assessments and nutrition follow-up encounters.
• Consults with other providers and healthcare team as appropriate to best support patient’s nutritional needs.
• Develops a care plan and accompanying goals to support the plan.
• Educates patient about health issues, nutrition concepts and recommendations.
• Thoroughly documents patient assessment, care plan and education to comply with observed Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) guidelines for initial assessment and follow-up visits using the EMR. Documentation is ideally done as soon after the patient encounter as possible to best capture detail, promote accuracy and expedite billing. Documentation should be completed within the day of the patient encounter and no later than 1 business day of the scheduled patient encounter.
• Creates patient tasks in EMR as appropriate to best support patient care.
• Responds to patient tasks in EMR within 1 day.
• Creates nutrition education materials as appropriate or assigned to support patient needs using CHP template and formatting.
• Attends meetings as appropriate to include nutrition meetings, site provider and staff meetings, PCMH meetings, high-risk patient management meetings, trainings and others as requested. Site manager will adjust nutritionist patient appointment template.
• Completes chart audits for quality control as assigned using MNT standards.
• Observes organization safety and security practices.
• Provide CHP credentialing specialist information as requested to support billing and reimbursement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual is required to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Subject matter expert:
o Serve as a Nutrition Generalist and maintains a level of core knowledge.
o Is a subject matter expert and maintains current knowledge through reading, research, trainings and continuing education opportunities.
o Apply specialized knowledge and techniques to nutrition related health issues.
o Knowledge of and respect for HIPPA regulations.
o Knowledge of EMR.
o Develop innovative approaches and ideas.
o Understand business implication of decisions; for example, timely documentation supports timely billing and reimbursement.
o Align work with strategic organizational goals.
o Optimize schedule to accommodate greatest amount of available time for patient encounters.
o Build a practice of patients through internal referrals, ongoing patient care and outside referrals. Strive to complete a minimum of 4 patient encounters per day.
o Take initiative.
o Balance team and individual responsibilities.
o Exhibit objectivity and openness to other’s views.
o Demonstrate professional decorum with attitude, tone and vocabulary.
o Provide and welcome feedback.
o Contribute to building a positive team.
o Share resources with nutrition team using the Nutrition share drive.
o Share current information as appropriate with other providers; for example, notes from a continuing education course or event.
• Customer service, interpersonal and communication skills:
o Demonstrate professionalism and ethics.
o Handle issues with tact and diplomacy.
o Accept responsibility for actions.
o Uphold organizational values.
o Respond to requests promptly and professionally.
o Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals.
o Ability to teach and lead groups of patients or peers for nutrition education and training.
• Organizational skills:
o Follow CHP policies and procedures.
o Complete administrative work promptly and accurately.
o Manage time efficiently.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or experience:
o Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or related major.
o Maintain Massachusetts State Licensure and Commission on Dietetic Registration continuing education status and standards.
o Maintain approved registration status as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
o Maintain continuing professional education requirements for RDN status and MA state licensure.
o Possess experience working with public health topics and populations.
• Computer skills:
o Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, database and EMR.
o Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.