Summary: The Operations Support Coordinator is administrative support to the Operations and Clinical Teams under the guidance of the Chief Medical Officer. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, values, as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Operations Support Coordinator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, screening or forwarding calls as needed
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Send meeting agendas, materials, and keep meeting minutes
- Collate and distribute mail
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Manage data entry and databases as requested, including some basic data analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
Operations Support Coordinator Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Decision-making: ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communications and collaboration: ability to collaborate with other team members and support staff and management on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills: demonstrated ability to keep yourself and others organized. Determine which tasks take precedence. Demonstrated time management skills.
- Writing: Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are essential to an Operations Support Coordinator, who must be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical.
- Prioritization: ability to determine importance of pending tasks and assignments.
- Strategy: ability to align work efforts with organization’s strategic plan and initiatives.
- Adaptability: willingness to adapt and flex to meet the changing demands of a dynamic team and healthcare organization.
- Teamwork: ability and desire to support a dynamic and diverse operations team including practice managers, operations administrators, and clinical staff across CHP sites.