Hybrid work model - work remote and be available to come to Great Barrington occasionally Good analytical skills Good working knowledge of MA payroll laws Paychex experience a plus
The Payroll Administrator, under the direction of the Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll via the Paychex FLEX system. They are responsible for paying all exempt and non-exempt employees for hours worked, and any other payouts that are assigned. May be responsible for processing reimbursements, through payroll, for mileage and/or supplies submitted by employee and approved by their supervisor. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Payroll Administrator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of all payroll procedures including
- Create and maintain employee records from new employee hires, changes for tax withholdings, insurance deductions, direct deposit information, salary changes, job titles, department information, etc.
- Create employee groups by managers.
- Assign time off policies to employees based upon schedules, monitor employee carry over vacation time.
- Bi-weekly processing of payroll including verifying of time cards for each employee for accuracy, balancing and entry of all assigned reimbursements.
- Responsible for all state reporting including employee reporting, HIRD reporting, Mass Health reporting.
- Terming employees (voluntary or involuntary):
- Vacation payout/payback
- Process last check through Paychex, same day, if needed.
- Prepare all requested reports for any authorized personnel.
- Submit Unemployment Salary verifications and all VOE.
- Answer payroll questions for employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of payroll company- wide.
- Work closely with the HR Administrator to ensure understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Subject Matter Expert:
- Is a subject matter expert and keeps knowledge current by attending required trainings and meetings.
- Knowledge of and respect for HIPAA regulations.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Business Acumen:
- Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills:
- Highest degree of professionalism and ethics:
- Handles issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time.
- Works well under pressure, and with minimal supervision.
- Organizational skills:
- Follows CHP policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills:
- Prepares and presents statistical and other reports oral or written as required.