Under the supervision of the Nutrition Program Coordinator, the CHW works closely with medical providers, primary care teams, and social services agencies to provide support to Flexible Services as a member’s advocate or liaison. The CHW helps the member access community services and outreach programs. The CHW helps to improve a member’s health and general well-being through education, goods, and services. The CHW will help to ensure the proper usage of CSA shares, cooking classes, transportation vouchers, formula, and food allotments, working in both clinical and community-based settings. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Flex Services Community Health Worker Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Flexible Service members. Communicates to members the purposes of the program and the impact it may have on their wellbeing. Helps members identify socio-economic issues.
• Promote goal setting and strategic planning for members.
• Documents all client encounters and contracts made on behalf of clients; completes and submits monthly reports; maintains comprehensive electronic client files, which include client notes, release of information, assessments and other medical documents acquired on behalf of the client. Documents activities, care plans, and outcomes achieved by client in an effective manner.
• Assists member in understanding care plans and instructions. Motivates members/clients to be active and engaged participants in their health and overall wellbeing.
• Will provide direct services to eligible members, identifying members and providing transportation vouchers as appropriate, assessing state and federal nutrition supports and utilizing CSA shares and Food Pantry as appropriate.
• Data entry, Performing Eligibility checks. Maintaining and faxing of EST/VPR forms.
• Continuously expands knowledge and understanding of community resources and services. Facilitates client access to community resources, including locating housing, food, clothing, prenatal classes, parenting, and providers to teach life skills, and relevant mental health services.
• Coordinates services between providers and the clients/members. Coordinates and monitors services, including comprehensive tracking of clients' compliance in relation to care plan objectives.
• Works collaboratively and effectively within a team. Establishes positive, supportive relationships with participants and provides feedback to other members of the team. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with the clients, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Works to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
• Travels to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned such as: weekly reminder emails/check ins w members, documents changes and updates to tracking sheets, food delivery to members in all counties, buy and pack food, distribute weekly CSA shares, track gift cards and formula cards and spearhead day to day troubleshooting.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) or Associates Degree from accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent combination of education, certifications, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Knowledge of farming, sustainability, and local CSA and farmers markets.
• Must have driver’s license and vehicle for transportation of foods.
• Knowledge of Microsoft software suite
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-organized systematic approach to work.
|Sep 18||Part Time||
$10,000* SIGN ON BONUS!! Dental Hygienist - PART TIME w/
||Community Health Programs||Pittsfield|
|Sep 18||Full/Part||$10,000* SIGN ON BONUS!! Dental Hygienist - FULL OR PART TIME - (NAFD)||Community Health Programs||North Adams|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$7,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Registered Nurse - FULL TIME - 40 HOURS - (NAFM...||Community Health Programs||North Adams|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$7,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Registered Nurse - FULL TIME - 40 HOURS - (NHC)||Community Health Programs||Pittsfield|
|Sep 15||Full Time||DENTAL ASSISTANT TRAINEE - 40 HOURS - FULL TIME - (NDC)||Community Health Programs||Pittsfield|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$6,000* SIGN ON BONUS - Certified Medical Assistant - FULL TIME - 40 H...||Community Health Programs||Lee|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$7,000* SIGN ON BONUS!! Licensed Practical Nurse - FULL TIME - 40 HOUR...||Community Health Programs||Lee|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$7,000* SIGN ON BONUS!! Licensed Practical Nurse - FULL TIME - 40 HOUR...||Community Health Programs||Great Barrington|
|Sep 15||Full Time||Medical Receptionist - FULL TIME - 40 HOURS - (CHC)||Community Health Programs||Great Barrington|
|Sep 15||Full Time||$6,000* SIGN ON BONUS!! Certified Medical Assistant - FULL TIME - 40 H...||Community Health Programs||Great Barrington|