Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Certified Dental Assistant $2000 sign on bonus FT 40 hrs w/great benefits -Gt Barrin
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Certification - Preference: Required
CHP Dental is seeking a certified dental assistant in our Gt. Barrington office. The Dental Assistant provides support to CHP dentists and dental hygienist as needed. This position is 40 hours per week in Gt. Barrington. The Dental Assistant supports the mission, values, and vision of CHP and follows all compliance protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports CHP dentists by assisting with instruments, seating patients, room preparation and instrument cleaning.
• Greets patients upon arrival, escorts patients from waiting room to treatment room.
• Takes patient vitals and records for dentist evaluation.
• Take dental intra-oral and radiographs.
• Gather patient’s medical history for dentist review and final documentation.
• Documents patient’s current medicines, medical conditions and pre-med if needed.
• Document patient’s blood pressure, weight and smoking status
• Provides chair side assistance during procedures as directed by attending dentist.
• Performs lab tasks as including denture and crown preparation
• Ensure lab cases for the next day have arrived from the Lab
• Sets up, breaks and wipes down treatment room between patients
• Cleans and sterilize dental instruments.
• Follows all safety protocols set forth by CHP, Department of Public Health and OSHA
• Answers phones as needed.
• Schedules new and established patient appointments as needed.
• May collect patient’s co-pay, deductibles and treatment payments when applicable.
• Relieves and steps in for receptionist when needed.
• May be responsible to open and close front door of office at start and end of day.
• Confirm patient appointments for the upcoming days
• Inform Dental Center Practice Manager of any irregular procedure observed by a patient or companion while at the waiting are or during intake process.
• Observe and cooperate with the security of the Dental center at all time.
Certification as a Dental Assistant MA required (DANB required), Radiogram certification, preferably 1-2 years of experience in an office setting.
Work in other CHP dental offices as required for coverage.