Company Description: MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, Massachusetts. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown) and on Boston's South Shore (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
MountainOne Bank, founded in 1848, provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor)
AVP Assistant Controller
CPA - Preference: Nice to have
Under the general supervision of the Controller, performs a wide variety of accounting functions to ensure the accurate and timely maintenance of financial records for MountainOne Bank, Subsidiaries of MountainOne Bank and for the holding companies of MountainOne Financial. Maintain compliance with all related bank policies, standardized procedures and regulations.
1. Assists with the timely and accurate generation of daily and monthly trial balances and closing procedures for the bank, bank subsidiaries and holding companies. This includes detailed revenue and expense review, tax accrual calculations and elimination and consolidation entries.
2. Timely and accurate preparation of various regulatory reports including but not limited to FDIC Call Report, DIF Call Report, DIF PMCR.
3. Timely and accurate month end account certification of various accounts as assigned. Also responsible for review of other company reconciliations.
4. Responsible for accounting for brokered CDs, including set up, periodic interest payments and maturities.
5. Backup for quarterly reconciliation, reporting and remittance of IOLTA interest.
6. Monthly updating of the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses analysis.
7. Monthly balancing and settlement of all inter-company general ledger accounts.
8. Preparation of reliable and professional financial and management reports including but not limited to customized Crystal reports and board reports as requested by senior management.
9. Provides data and all requested information to third party vendor for Asset Liability Management, including reconcilement of data files to general ledger. Also responsible for quarterly updating of the liquidity stress testing analysis.
10. Serve as informational resource for internal auditors, external auditors and examiners.
11. Cross-trained to provide support and back-up duties to other department personnel in their absence. Works closely with other department personnel to ensure all daily, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks are completed timely and accurately.
12. Responsible for accounting for interest rate swaps for the bank and holding company including monthly remittance of interest due on swaps and posting to customer deposit accounts.
13. Maintain compliance with all related bank policies, including Bank Secrecy Act, confidentiality, standardized procedures and regulations.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business. Additional consideration given to candidates with public accounting experience and/or a CPA designation.
2. Three to five years of accounting experience.
3. Excellent computer skills and deep knowledge of Excel. Familiarity with database extract tools a plus.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Critical thinker.
5. Deadline oriented, detail oriented and accurate.
6. Ability to deal with and show discretion in confidential matters.
7. Willingness to adapt schedule to the deadline demands of an accounting cycle.
8. 25% availability to travel outside of 25-mile radius.
9. Ability to sit, drive, perform telephone, calculator and computer input functions.
MountainOne Bank is Member FDIC. Member DIF. Equal Housing Lender.
Insurance and Investments are not insured by the FDIC and are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed by, any depository institution. Funds are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of principal investment.
The financial advisors of MountainOne Investments offer securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser. Fixed insurance products and services offered through CES Insurance Agency or MountainOne Investments. MountainOne Bank is not a registered broker-dealer or Registered Investment Adviser. MountainOne Bank and MountainOne Insurance are not affiliated with Commonwealth. MountainOne Investments’ main office is located at 85 Main Street, Suite 100, North Adams, MA 01247. (413) 664-4025