343 Pecks Road
Injection Molding Technician
Nice to have
Starbase is seeking a mold validation and process technician with experience setting up molds and validation processes for injection molding machines and automated assembly equipment. MUST have Stack molding and Mold Processing Experience.
• Perform mold installation and machine setup for new and refurbished mold in-house validation and short runs. Manage up to five injection molding machine centers ranging from 30-500 Ton capacities.
• Clean, lubricate, measure, and prepare molds for production including changing tools when required – maintain last shots and tool history.
• Trouble shoots process and machine issues and repairs/corrects findings, DOE validation experience
• Monitors and corrects efficiencies of processes
• Trains employees on jobs and performs machine/mold setups
• Implements preventative maintenance program for the molding fabrication facility
• Ensures all documentation is complete and accurate
• Implement and maintain ISO and QS documentation and process controls where appropriate
• Ensures proper safety and company policies/guidelines
• Other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor or Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
• 5-7 years of experience with setting up molds, processes and equipment maintenance for injection molding machines and automated equipment; Mold set-up experience a plus
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment
• Ability to take initiative and be persistent with disciplined follow-up regarding customers and internal departments.
• Technical experience troubleshooting injection molding equipment issues with respect to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic, and pneumatic systems along with experience assembling/disassembling injection molding tooling
• Ability to read and analyze hydraulic, electric, and pneumatic blueprints
• Experience assembling/disassembling injection molding equipment, frames and tooling
• Must have full comprehension of all injection molding equipment controls and their effect on processing/tooling
• Ability to use basic metrology tools such as gauge pins, micrometers, tool scope, dial indicators, calipers, bore gauges, etc
• Previous experience working in a related manufacturing environment
• Ability to work overtime as needed