Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
EEC Curriculum Specialist
$17 - $20 Per Hour
EEC Director 1 certification - Preference: Required
The Curriculum Specialist is responsible for the supervision and curriculum support to the early educators in the Monument Square Early Childhood Center. S/he oversees the implementation of a developmentally appropriate play-based and literacy-based curriculum; communicates curriculum based information to parents, conducts annual performance reviews, ensures proper data collection within classrooms. With the deliverance of a high quality early education and care program for infants, toddlers and preschoolers as the primary goal.
• Meet the criteria of EEC for Director 1 and/or BA degree preferred in early childhood education.
• 1-3 years of experience working in a center-based early education program.
• Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of management, including planning, organizing, directing, motivating, prioritizing, and decision-making.
• Ability to communicate, utilizing strength-based coaching and mentoring approaches.
• Knowledge in play-based and literacy-based curriculum development and implementation.
• Able to implement quality assurance practices, including QRIS and NAEYC accreditation.
• Knowledge of the principle, practice and techniques of supervision and employee relations.
• Ability to establish rapport with persons from different ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to adjust to changing program requirements.
SALARY/WORK YEAR: This is a 35 hour per week position. The Center is open year-round, 7:30am – 5:30pm. Salary range is $17.00 to $20.00 an hour.
CONTACT: For consideration, send letter of interest and resume that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P. O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 or email email@example.com
CHILD CARE OF THE BERKSHIRES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WITH A LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO INCREASING THE DIVERSITY OF THE EMPLOYEE COMMUNITY.