Company Description: Berkshire East Mountain Resort has a long and storied history of great skiing. We also have a very bright future. In the past 7 years we have revitalized our mountain with a steady series of investments that have changed the mountain into one of the leading four season resorts in the east. Owned and operated by The Schaefer Family from Charlemont, MA, the owners are focused on creating a four season recreational resource that make smart use of the beautiful landscape, the historic setting, and the proximity to the population centers on the coasts.
Bike Mechanic - Thunder Mountain Bike Park
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Service, maintain and repair mountain bikes for our rental fleet and for guests at the Thunder Mountain Bike Park.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assemble new bikes for our rental fleet.
• Identify faults, damage, and wear on mountain bikes.
• Estimate parts & labor costs and provide customer quotes.
• Carry out routine maintenance service and safety checks on bikes.
• Repair bikes: (i.e. wheels, derailleurs, brakes, levers, cables, chains, tires).
• Wash and clean bikes.
• Maintain inventory of parts in bike shop for retail and rental fleet.
• Order bike parts, check in orders, label prices,and adjust inventory.
• Keep workshop clean, maintain tools & equipment in good repair.
• Test ride bikes to diagnose or to ensure they are functioning properly.
• Assist with special bike events or promotions at the resort.
• Inspect returning rental bikes before they return to bike rental fleet.
• Maintain record of all service work performed on bike rental fleet.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by manager.
• Skilled in providing outstanding customer service.
• Experience with current mountain bike technology.
• Able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
• Bike shop service experience or mechanic certification required.
• Mountain bike riding experience required.
• Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Friendly Service: Treat people courteously and respond in a helpful manner.
• Reliability: Consistently complete tasks meeting all job requirements on time.
• Work Standards: Maintain high standards in the quality & consistency of work.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to stand, bend, climb, lift, reach, push and pull repetitively.
• Must be mentally attentive and focused at all times.