Company Description: The mission of the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition is "Empowering the Northern Berkshire region to enhance the quality of life through our efforts at connecting, convening, and supporting all facets of the community." For the past 33 years the nbCC has brought people together and worked with the community to create programs that address local issues.
Family Support Worker
High School or Equivalent
Experience working with children and parents, as well as home visiting - Preference: Preferred
The Family Support Worker is responsible for providing support and educational services to
families who have engaged with The Family Place program at nbCC. The Family Support
Worker will provide services at The Family Place site, in the community, and in the homes of
Reports to: Program Manager/Coordinator of The Family Place
Hours: 1.0 FTE
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Stephanie Puc, nbCC, 61 Main Street, Suite 218, North Adams, MA 01247 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30.
Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Partner with each family to assess strengths, identify areas of need, and to provide
support needed for the family to improve their stability and for the parents to have the
resources needed to meet the needs of their children and family.
• Develop and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with families served.
• Assist families with completion of intake paperwork or other supportive documentation,
as appropriate. Obtain a signed release of information for all collateral contacts, prior to
making any disclosures of private or confidential information.
• Schedule in person visits (frequency and location) with each family as agreed upon by the
family. Maintain phone or email contact, as designated by the family, between
appointments as needed.
• Connect and support access for any family with community resources, parenting classes,
food pantries, mental health providers, budgeting information, etc.
• Provide transportation for families/adult family members as needed.
• Assist families in connecting with appropriate groups and/or programs to enhance social
• Facilitate groups and/or other parent support or education programming as required.
• Work independently and within a team on special non-recurring and any ongoing
• Provide assistance in planning and organizing events, groups, workshops, or ongoing
programs, including attendance and publicity when needed.
• Maintain an organized calendar schedule of appointments and tasks, maintain accurate
documentation of client records, mileage, and expenses, and complete all documentation
as required by the Program Manager/Coordinator.
• Attend individual and group supervision sessions as scheduled by The Family Place,
• Comply with nbCC policies and procedures; attend nbCC staff meetings when required.
• Maintain a program/event calendar for The Family Place to be distributed monthly to
families, partners, collaborators, and the general public.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of experience with the
identified population; or higher education degree in human services related field with a
minimum of 2 years of experience working with the identified population. Experience
working with children and parents, as well as home visiting, preferred.
• Experience and comfort working with all types of people in a variety of groups.
• Patience with and understanding of diverse populations.
• Commitment to working in the community to help families address key issues.
• Demonstrated maturity and self-awareness as it relates to working 1:1 with individuals in
• Understanding and compassion for the needs, limitations, barriers, and capacities of the
• Ability to understand concepts of confidentiality and privacy.
• Technical capacity and comfort with computer.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
• Flexibility in scheduling with availability for some evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Valid driver’s license and insured automobile. Ability and willingness to drive in
inclement weather and in rural locations in the northern Berkshire region.
• Physically able to climb stairs to access second and third floor apartments.
• Physically able to lift at least 40lbs and perform set up and tear down of event spaces.