Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Practical Nursing Instructor
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of practical nursing instructor. All instructors must meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (BoRN) as outlined in 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b). These standards are available on their website https://www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-registration-in-nursing. All applicants should be licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a practical nursing instructor. Teacher license standards are contained on the Department’s website www.doe.mass.edu. Program instruction may, on occasion, require Saturday or evening hours. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Possess a current Massachusetts registered nurse license in good standing.
2. Possess a bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher degree.
3. Possess a minimum of two years full-time experience in nursing or its equivalent within the last five years and evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction and maintain expertise appropriate to teaching responsibilities.
4. Knowledge of instructional techniques and individual learning styles.
5. Knowledge of technology assisted teaching techniques and internet based research.
6. Knowledge and participation in the implementation of a systematic evaluation plan (SEP).
7. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
8. Knowledge of the BoRN curriculum requirements.
9. Current relevant clinical experience in sub-acute rehab or acute medical/surgical nursing.
10. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
1. Implement a competency based practical nursing curriculum consistent with BoRN requirements.
2. Plan, teach, and evaluate all assigned courses in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical setting.
3. Ensure data is used to improve curriculum and instruction.
4. Participate in student recruitment activities.
5. Implement academic counseling for assigned students.
6. Assist with job placement activities.
7. Participate in required faculty review meetings.
8. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, MA 01247