Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Medical Assisting Instructor
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of postsecondary medical assisting instructor. All applicants must be licensed or licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, DESE, as a medical assisting teacher. Teacher license standards and the curriculum frameworks are available on the DESE website www.doe.mass.edu. Applicants must be able to teach all aspects of the profession and have the ability to work with all age groups. Applicants must be familiar with the SkillsUSA program requirements (www.skillsusa.org) and must be familiar with the teacher certification and curriculum standards as outlined by the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB), www.maerb.org. Applicants must be familiar with the standards and requirements of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) as contained on their website www.caahep.org and the accreditation standards of the Council on Occupational Education (COE), www.council.org. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Knowledge of instructional theory and individual learning styles.
2. Knowledge of medical assisting concepts and applications.
3. Knowledge of computer assisted teaching techniques.
4. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
5. Knowledge of Massachusetts DESE medical assisting vocational/technical curriculum frameworks.
6. Knowledge of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs accreditation standards (CAAHEP).
7. Knowledge of SkillsUSA program
8. Must possess a valid State driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilize standards-based teaching and assessment for all aspects of the medical assisting program.
2. Teach all aspects of medical assisting in the classroom, laboratory or medical office.
3. Develop and implement the Massachusetts DESE medical assisting curriculum.
4. Develop and implement the MAERB program standards.
5. Participate in recruitment activities.
6. Implement the SkillsUSA program.
7. Ability to transport students in school vehicle(s).
8. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247