Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Boys Varsity Lacrosse Coach
High School or Equivalent
Letters of application are being accepted for the positions of boys varsity lacrosse coach for the 2020-2021 season. All applicants must be familiar with educational and safety standards of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, DESE www.doe.mass.edu, the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association, MIAA www.miaa.net and the Pioneer Valley Interscholastic Athletic Conference, PVIAC www.pviac.net. Applicants must have the ability to coach, mentor and instruct on all aspects of the sport and have the ability to work with young adults. Applicants must have the ability to use sound judgment, maintain dignified behavior, maintain team discipline and establish favorable relationships with players, other coaches, game officials and spectators is expected. All coaches are responsible to the principal and report through the athletic director.
1. Knowledge of Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association standards.
2. Completion of the MIAA sponsored or approved coaches education course of study.
3. Knowledge of instructional techniques and individual learning styles.
4. Completion of the on-line course “Concussion in Sports – What you need to Know”
5. Knowledge of district concussion and related policies and regulations.
6. Knowledge of sport and competitive standards.
7. Possess an understanding of human physiology, growth and development.
8. Must be CPR certified.
9. Possess a valid driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement all standards of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Conference.
2. Develop and implement focused practice sessions
3. Develop and implement safety standards for practices and competitions.
4. Responsible to maintain equipment, supplies and uniforms.
5. Responsible for all reports and records.
6. Responsible to maintain standards of conduct among athletes.
7. Ability to transport student athletes to competitions or related events.
8. Supervise and mentor assistant or junior varsity coaches.
9. Communicates and follows proper protocol on fundraising and participation in community events.
In accordance with School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
Justin Kratz, Principal
McCann Technical School
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, MA 01247