The Maintenance Technician is responsible for minor maintenance issues and general and routine cleaning of the interior and exterior of Barrett House to ensure the efficient management of the apartment complex and the comfort, welfare and safety of the tenants.
Specific Tasks & Duties:
Inspects apartment upon tenant giving notice to vacate, and upon move-in and move out.
- Prepare apartment for new tenant by completing all maintenance related items from the turnover checklist.
- Maintains Unit Prep report as required by BHSI.
- Shows apartment to prospective tenants when necessary.
- Performs pre-rental inspection and completes pre-rental inspection forms.
- Maintains an up-to-date log of all maintenance related activities.
- Attend to or repair all tenant maintenance issues.
- Assists with seasonal fall clean up, spring clean-up, and snow removal.
- Maintains a daily log as to project activities and events other than maintenance activities, such as tenant activities, outside contractor work, official visitors to the project and weather conditions. Additional responsibility of maintaining a file of work orders for repairs made to correct deficiencies as noted by the tenant.
- Maintain unit files in the fashion specified in the BHSI policies and procedures handbook.
- Monitor’s contractors performing tasks requested by site staff or management, including vendors performing services under seasonal contracts.
- Check for property damage and safety hazards and for proper exterior lighting.
- Prepare the Preventive maintenance system reports.
- Performs general repair duties (replacement of electrical fixtures, toilet repairs, equipment installations (504 accommodations), drywall and flooring repairs).
- Goes to local supply centers to pick up supplies for the project.
- Distributes flyers or other materials to each apartment as requested by management.
- Maintain proper levels of inventory for maintenance supplies and places orders as necessary.
- Maintains a service log for gym equipment, common room appliances, etc.
- Monitor’s parking lots for safety hazards, ensures that cars are parked appropriately and coordinates parking during snow removal.
- Maintains safety logs to ensure compliance with OSHA code.
- Acts in a responsible manner at all times keeping in mind the Project’s interest.
- Performs all other related tasks as requested by management including enforcement of property rules and regulations.
These duties are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties that are associated with a position of this nature may be added.
Job Classification – Full Time (40 hours)
Work Schedule – Monday through Friday - 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM – and a rotating on-call, weekend shift