Company Description: Greylock Federal Credit Union is a financial institution located throughout Berkshire County. We are a full-service credit union providing access to credit, affordable savings/checking accounts, insurance and investment services.
Greylock offers competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) match and pension plan and generous paid time off.
It is the policy of Greylock Federal Credit Union to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, ancestry, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the United States Armed Forces, being a member of the Reserves or National Guard or status in any other group protected by federal, state or local law, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring/selection, job assignment, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, recall, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, supervision, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Bilingual Spanish/English Collector
High School or Equivalent
Greylock Federal Credit Union
Position Title: COLLECTOR
Department: ASSET QUALITY
We are guided by our IDEA principles – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility – to support a workforce that reflects our community. Our principles support Greylock’s mission and our goals of building a diverse workforce – reflecting multiple identities – and supporting the diverse communities we serve. We strive to ensure that the spaces in which we work and community members we engage are inclusive.
Under the general supervision of the Collections Supervisor, performs a variety of collection activities in conformance with established Credit Union policies, strategies and procedures.
Key Job Requirements:
1. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to the members served by the Credit Union while performing all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines and Credit Union policies and procedures.
2. Investigates and manages the assigned delinquent portfolio.
3. Reviews delinquency history and takes appropriate collection action. Refers the more complex issues to Supervisor. Initiates
additional collection efforts as necessary in conformance with Credit Union and regulatory collection policies and procedures.
4. Keeps abreast of all changes in collection guidelines for regulatory and legal compliance ensuring Credit Union compliance to all policies and procedures.
5. Promotes the Credit Union wherever and whenever possible. Encouraged to actively represent the Credit Union in local civic, community and professional organizations.
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It should be expected that from time to time other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and, therefore, required.
Supervisory Scope: None
Position Requirements: Must be able to communicate fluently in both Spanish and English (written and verbal)
· High school diploma or its equivalent plus specialized coursework and training.
· Two plus years related experience preferred.
· Good working knowledge of collection laws and regulations.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Able to use various types of office software, spread sheet applications and PC proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
May require evening and weekend hours