Position Title: COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Department: ADMINISTRATION 10/2021
We are guided by our IDEA principles – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility – to support a workforce that reflects our community. Our principles support Greylock’s mission and our goals of building a diverse workforce – reflecting multiple identities – and supporting the diverse communities we serve. We strive to ensure that the spaces in which we work and community members we engage are inclusive.
There is a $2,000 non-discretionary bonus available for full time employment, and $1,000 non-discretionary bonus for part time employment. Eligibility for the bonus is half of it paid after successful completion of onboarding to be paid in the second paycheck, and the second half paid after 6 months of continued satisfactory service
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Events & Community Support, provides support for community programs, events, and member programs to support the growth and image of Greylock Federal Credit Union and its subsidiaries, in conformance with established Credit Union policies, strategies and procedures.
Key Job Requirements:
1. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to the members served by the Credit Union while performing all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines and Credit Union policies and procedures.
2. Provides administrative support for Greylock’s community support programs. Includes community support recordkeeping of requests, prep for decisions, check requests, letters declining or accompanying contributions, coordination of functions, general communication and historical recordkeeping and ordering of promotional items. Prepares weekly and monthly Community Support reports. Works with Branch Managers to support community development efforts in their communities. Follow-up and tracking of outcome reports for funded programs. Assist with the giving matrix to meet and track our IDEA principals for Community Support and community impact.
3. Assists with community involvement including sending out information and supplies, fielding questions from members and staff and maintaining participant records. Supports communications with local nonprofits which are intended to maintain and foster community relationships. Assists the nonprofits complete the online application along with outcome reports for sponsorships.
4. Assists with planning, preparation, set up, organizing volunteers, and attending various internal and external events. This position requires flexibility with schedule to accommodate the numerous events Greylock is involved with. Some early mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required, as well as working overtime. Assists with Greylock booths or tables at outreach events and participate as a Greylock representative during events.
5. Supports the Credit Union’s efforts with their member program clubs.
6. Assist with support of Virtual Events for members and events. Provide support during these virtual events.
7. Promotes the Credit Union wherever and whenever possible. Encouraged to actively represent the Credit Union in local civic, community and professional organizations.
• High School diploma or its equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving skills and attention to detail and discretion required.
• Highly proficient oral and written communicator.
• Perform as a team player, displaying positive and professional attitude toward members and co-workers. Must be available to support after-hours and weekend events.
• Ability to use various types of office equipment, including office software, spread sheet applications and adding machines and PC proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for a long period of time.
• Must have reliable transportation available.