Safety & Training Manager
Job type: Direct Hire
Pay: $52 – 57k/year depending on experience
Hours: Mon – Fri at 40 hours, hours are flexible
TEC is helping a local transportation company hire a Safety and Training Manager. The STM is responsible for the safety training, initial operator training, retraining and overall safety culture of the operation.
- Provides effective direction, supervision, leadership, and oversight to employees, consultants, and contractors to develop, implement and monitor safety programs including ongoing compliance with the organization’s Safety Plan, Drug and Alcohol compliance program, Company-defined employee trainings, and independent safety-related building inspections or projects as assigned.
- Directs, co-delivers, and documents new hire orientation training for all employee types in cooperation with department managers.
- Directs, delivers, and documents CDL Operator license training, new hire non-CDL operator training, as well as post-accident or as needed/refresher training in compliance with organizational and authoritative standards.
- Facilitates implementation of corrective actions for safety-related discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Conducts hazard identification, risk assessment, and root cause analysis as required and for all reported safety concerns, accidents, and workplace injuries – including customer injuries.
- Advises General Manager concerning all safety matters and makes recommendations to all managerial staff in accordance to OSHA, EPA, USDOT as well as other federal, state, local and organizational regulations.
- Directs, delivers, and documents quarterly employee safety meetings with all employee groups.
- Assists managers in conducting Drug and Alcohol testing and compliance program; including scheduling and documenting FTA DOT or Non-DOT drug and alcohol tests conducted according to policy.
- Responsible for written incident reports.
- Directs and manages the Company’s online Safety Data Sheet chemical inventory, and the annual compliance submissions.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Knowledge of transportation and DOT regulations.
- At least 3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to transportation, business, management, finance, or another applicable field preferred.
- Health insurance (begin on employee’s first day of full-time employment)
- Dental insurance
- Paid personal time, paid vacation time, and statutory sick time
- Company sponsored retirement plans to all full-time employees
- CDL training opportunities to grow within the organization