Company Description: HospiceCare in The Berkshires, Inc. has offered high quality, compassionate care for those with life-limiting or terminal illness for over 35 years. The key to HospiceCare’s high quality of care is our team of professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Hospice Aides, Emotional and Spiritual Support Counselors, Bereavement Coordinators and Volunteers – we work with each patient and their family to make sure that their needs are met.
Child Life Specialist
Up to One Year
CLS - Preference: Required
Position Summary: In accordance with Pediatric Palliative Care Network Operational Program Standards and HCIB policies, the purpose of this position is to provide child life assessments and recommendations for the plan of care of Pediatric Palliative Care patients. This clinician will assess, plan and advocate for the family-centered care of children with life-threatening illness as part of an Interdisciplinary Care and Case Management Team. The goals of the Child Life Specialist are to promote normal growth and development, reduce stress created by life-limiting illness and hospitalizations and provide support to patients and their families.
• Minimum of one (1) year's experience in child health care management.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
(Acquired through formal education, outside study, training on jobs of lesser degree, or by any combination of these. May be expressed in terms of formal educational equivalents):
• Bachelor’s degree with a specialty in Child Life Education, Human Behavior or Social Work with emphasis on child behavior.
• Master’s Degree in Child Life preferred.
• A background in child development and family systems is preferred