Company Description: With its gracious ambiance and eclectic decor, The Orchards Hotel effortlessly combines luxurious accommodations with modern amenities.
Featuring 3100 sq ft of meeting space and 49 guest rooms. The Orchards provides exceptional service in a rewarding atmosphere.
Guest Service Agent
Hotel & Restaurant
High School or Equivalent
The Orchards Hotel is actively searching for an organized, detailed, and professional Front Desk / Guest Service Agent to join our Front Office team.
This is a Part Time position. Expected regular shifts will include 7am – 3pm and/or 3pm – 11pm.
• Provide telephone services and operate the multi-line telephone switchboard effectively. Receive and transfer all calls, voice messages, and mail of guests and hotel employees.
• Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner. Direct guests to the appropriate area.
• Register guests and securely assign them a guest room and room key. Verify guest credit and process payment upon check-out.
• Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system and rates/packages offered. Regularly check availability for reservation inquiries. Make and confirm reservations over the phone and coordinate those submitted online.
• Assist guests with any and all needs, including assisting in bringing luggage to their rooms, making restaurant reservations, and ensuring housekeeping and maintenance requests.
• Communicate all guest room status changes to Housekeeping department.
• Professionally handle guest complaints, problem solve to satisfy all guest needs, and follow up with manager.
• Have a thorough knowledge of hotel services, local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
• Deliver guest amenities as necessary.
• Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead emergency situations, such as evacuations. Follow all key procedures. Secure guest valuables. Manage Lost and Found per policy.
Hay Creek/Orchards offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
• Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
• Competitive Salary/Wages
• Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
• Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
• Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
• Free Parking
• Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
• Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
• 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
• Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
• Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
• Supportive, open-door policy work environment
• Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
• Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
• Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be very skilled with technology and a quick learner. Working knowledge of a Property Management System preferred.
• 1 year customer service experience required, hotel environment highly preferred.
• Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
• Proven success in handling guest complaints.
• Ability to operate smoothly and professionally under high stress situations.
• Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).