Company Description: The Country Club of Pittsfield, MA is a year round, private Club with 600 members catering to golf, tennis and dining, as well as weddings and events. Located in the heart of the Berkshires, just off of Route 7 conveniently located to many downtown attractions.
Sales and Catering Manager
The Sales & Catering Manager is responsible for the successful formation and execution of a strategic sales program at the Country Club. This position handles all aspects of catering and event sales well as maintaining all marketing communications on behalf the Club which includes, but is not limited to: website development and maintenance, social media marketing strategies and membership communications. This position books, coordinates and executes all wedding functions and member/nonmember events. The Sales and Catering Manager acts a liaison between the Club, its members, staff and guests and therefore must portray a positive “can do” attitude and work environment at all times. They must continue to develop and maintain working relationships with all current members, new or potential members, and all clients while providing the highest level of quality service standards set forth by the Club. The Sales & Catering Manager performs the duties of the CEO in her absence by attending weekly department head meetings and if necessary, conducts regular food and beverage staff meetings. This position implements the policies and procedures developed by the Board of Directors and CEO to carry out the expectations of Club quality service standards.
• Minimum of 3 years’ sales/marketing experience, preferably in the Hospitality Industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Sales, Marketing or Business Administration equivalent.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, have a working knowledge of sales/accounting
software, Clubtec or Catering Software a plus. A bonus if candidate has a strong
background in marketing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.,)
• Must be an independent worker with extreme organizational skills and strong attention to
• Must possess a positive, energetic, and outgoing attitude that works well with others.
• Must be available to work nights/weekends and some holidays and is willing to be flexible with
hours needed based on the demands of the business and position.
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and “problem-solving” skills.
• Passion for providing high quality service to members and guests and a commitment to
• Ability to think creatively and outside the box to come up with new and enticing member event
• Must be highly diligent at multitasking various projects all while maintaining constant
• Must maintain proper decorum at all times with a professional appearance and pleasant/mature
• Ability to work successfully with ALL departments for the common goal of the Club.
• Ability to function under pressure, to set priorities and adjust them according to changing
• Must be able to work with high end clientele in a fast-paced work environment
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 plus bonus incentives