Company Description: Storey Publishing is the leading publisher of Country Living titles; for over 30 years. Storey has promoted the practical virtues of creative self reliance and we have more than 600 active titles and over 49 million books in print. We are located in the beautiful Berkshires of western Massachusetts, on the campus of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art.
Receptionist/Sales Assistant - Temporary
High School or Equivalent
Storey has an immediate opening for a temporary receptionist/sales assistant to join our staff for 4-6 weeks. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. If you work well as a team member and have a commitment to customer service with a smile, we would like to talk to you. Great communications skills and a friendly attitude with attention to detail are mandatory for this position.
• Timely management of switchboard activity
• Greeting and directing visitors
• Receiving and distributing packages from carriers, picking up USPS mail and distributing, organizing and running reports for outgoing shipments
• Taking orders and answering customer questions
• Coordinating mailing with outside mail/fulfillment center
• Assist sales department with mailings
• Keep reception and kitchen areas tidy
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience working in an office setting
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Attention to detail is imperative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent phone manner.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
• Vision and hearing must be acute enough for phone work and computer operations
• Must be able to move from one place to another
• Must be able to climb a step stool
• Must be able to lift arms above head