Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
User Services Support Technician (Staff Assistant)
IT User Services/Help Desk
MCLA is accepting applications for a User Services Support Technician to assist senior team members with planning, implementation, coordination and maintenance of all microcomputer service activities administered by Computer Support Services.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Install, configure and maintain hardware devices including computers, modems, network cards, printers, hard drives etc.
Be the primary technician in charge of the college's laptop warrantee services and maintain certifications required to perform such services.
Provide members of the MCLA community with installation, upgrade, modification and maintenance of their microcomputer based applications software.
Respond to calls for technical assistance from faculty, staff and students working with the User Services Manager.
Recondition and redistribute used equipment.
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field or four years or more of professional experience servicing microcomputers and peripherals.
* Expertise with the Windows operating system including GUI customization, patching, driver installation/updating, group policies and the command line. Experience with Mac OS X and Linux a plus.
* Excellent skills with tools used for virus, spyware and malware detection and removal.
* Experience using remote support software to diagnose and resolve problems.
* A working knowledge of TCP/IP and ETHERNET and wireless network communications, including configuration methods in most popular devices.
* Experience in managing and documenting a community of hundreds of devices. Experience using enterprise endpoint management tools such as Altiris or Zenworks a plus.
* A working knowledge of microcomputer applications software including the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, CD/DVD creation, multimedia, browsers and plugins.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to lift and transport components weighing up to 70 pounds.
* The position works, or has the potential to work on, the Criminal Justice Information Services system and is subject to periodic criminal background checks and fingerprinting.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, position in the APA bargaining unit. Salary range is $45,000 - $50,000.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.