Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
SGA Programming Assistant
The SGA Program Assistant will add support to day and evening programming initiatives for the clubs and organizations recognized by the Student Government Association. This person will report directly to the Director of Student Activities and will be supervised by the Assistant Dean of Student Development and Engagement.
Expected Duties include:
* Support the programming efforts of all clubs and organizations under the Student Government Association with evening hours in the office.
* Guide students through the college and SGA event paperwork process and adhere to college policies.
* Create and administer event planning workshops to enhance student programming for club members and officers for Fall 2018, Spring, and Summer 2019.
* Supervise and assist in planning of: weekend programming, destinations and travel, evening events, Senior Days, New Student Orientation, College First Days Program, College Family/Homecoming Weekend and Commencement.
* Collaborate with campus departments to create event opportunities and connections.
* Support the programming efforts within the Student Affairs Centers including IGE and MeRC.
* Review contracts in preparation for approvals regarding programming as appropriate.
* Advertise College events through the Events App, Social Media, Weekly Newsletters, digital monitors and other tools that deliver college programming and event information.
* Additional duties may be assigned that relate to the mission of the Student Development work within the context of Student Government Association.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* At least one academic year of direct experience within the Student Activities field with event supervision, advising co-curricular life programming boards and conducting student leadership trainings is recommended.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with campus community members including: multicultural groups, students, faculty, staff, administration, and the general public as well as outside company/agency contacts.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects at various levels of completion and be able to work some evenings and weekends during the year.
* Demonstrated commitment to service, co-curricular life, ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
* Ability to use computer software for communication within our community, word processing, desktop publishing, social media outlets and website management.
* Flexible work schedule to accommodate supervision of evening and weekend programs as needed.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.