Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Assistant Director of Admission for Early College and Dual Enrollment Initiatives
MCLA is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Admission for Early College and Dual Enrollment Initiatives. The Assistant Director will serve as the liaison between the College and Drury High School's Early College @ MCLA-Drury program. The overarching goal is to support students and their families while coordinating the activities of the early college program. The Coach will help students overcome any perceived barriers of taking early college courses and prepare them for a successful pathway to college. Additionally, the Coach will assist with the planning, organization, and administration of the program while attending to the social-emotional needs of the students by connecting them to resources within the high school. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for coordination of all other dual enrollment programs hosted by MCLA and maintain a regular admissions recruitment territory and file review load.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides outreach and communication to students, parents/guardians, high school teachers, and community regarding the importance and values of the early college program.
* Prepares students for the rigors of the early college program and provides guidance related to the pathways the program provides in health sciences and education in one-on-one setting and during advisory periods.
* Responsible for the organization and scheduling of early college courses, website content and processing of early college applications as well as parent/guardian authorization forms.
* Informs high school students and parents/guardian of MCLA academic and student life programs in an accurate and effective manner during college visits, during open hours in the high school or during information sessions within the community.
* Participates in weekly team meetings with high school wraparound service providers; actively provides goals and support to students requiring intervention of support team.
* Develops and implements time management and life skills mini-presentations for students during advisory period in coordination with guidance staff.
* Coordinates transportation for on-campus classes and other internship or work readiness activities within the community.
* Liaison to MassHire and Youth Works summer programming for students.
* Builds a deep partnership with Drury High School administration and leadership within the Department of Higher Education (DHE) and/or Department of Early and Secondary Education (DESE) in order to effectively deliver a successful early college program.
* Develop activities/programs to increase early college enrollment rates of economically disadvantaged and high need students.
* Develop initiatives to increase family/guardians' interest and commitment to success of their early college student.
* Collects, edits, and disseminates data or information as requested by Drury High School, College administration, DHE or DESE. Assist in future grant related applications to increase student access to college.
* Performs other duties as assigned relative to increasing new student enrollment to early college program and subsequent admission to MCLA.
* Coordinates all MCLA Dual enrollment programs parallel to Early College work.
* Represents the College at various recruitment activities for the purpose of recruiting students to the College, i.e. college night programs, high school visits, mini high school fairs, and other related events. Informs prospective students and parents of MCLA academic and student life programs, in an accurate and effective manner.
* Responsible for completing evaluations of first year student admission application and academic criteria and renders admissions decisions in a timely fashion. Directly involved in encouraging students to complete application file, as well as committing to the College. Tracking of applicants within one's territory is required. Completes input of data to Banner system relative to student's academic profile and admissions decisions for assigned applicant pool..
* Responsible for the organization and scheduling of assigned travel schedule with a designated geographic territory. Arrangements to be made include scheduling high school visits, and all travel arrangements.
* Build a deeper partnership with local high schools to address college access.
* Bachelor's degree required
* At least 5 years of previous college admissions and/or guidance counseling experience
* Deep familiarity with best practices in college access and readiness.
* Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of MA Department of Higher Education early college and dual enrollment projects.
* Previous project management and/or event management experience with large scale initiatives involving multiple constituents
* Ability and willingness to travel
* Strong written and oral communication skills, public speaking experience
* Ability to work effectively with others to meet early college goals
* Ability to creatively and accurately articulate the goals of a liberal arts college
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, position in the APA bargaining unit. Salary range is $45,000-$50,000.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
Interested candidates must apply electronically and should submit a letter of interest and resume by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.