Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Full / Part Time
• CPR, First Aid, AED certification, or within one month of hiring - Preference: Required
• Certification in area(s) of expertise Or Two + years of experience teaching courses which do not require a national certification - Preference: Required
• National Strength Training certification (ACE, NASM, NSCA) - Preference: Preferred
• College coursework in exercise physiology, physical education, or athletic training - Preference: Preferred
To further the purpose of the YMCA by building relationships and developing character in all YMCA constituents. Under the guidance and supervision of the Health and Wellness Director, the Fitness Instructor is responsible for leading both beginner and experienced exercise in a safe, effective, and respectful class environment. The goal of this programming is to assist members in making healthy lifestyle changes, build self-esteem, meet individual wellness goals, and to encourage consistency. The group fitness instructor is expected to demonstrate a professional manner at all times when in the facility, including personal time spent in the facility.
Positions available at both North Adams and Pittsfield Locations
Compensation based on experience
• Lead energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, supervised by the Health and Wellness Director, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
• Answer questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
• Maintain current and appropriate knowledge ad credentialing as it relates to your specific content area in order to provide effective support to members
• Build authentic and meaningful relationships with members and class participants
• Assist members in connecting with each other, the YMCA and their community
• Promote the existence and welfare of a robust fitness class schedule through attendance and a positive attitude
• Keep accurate and pertinent records
• Maintain appropriate equipment, and facilities. Monitor wellness areas for safety and cleanliness
• Communicate all questions and concerns with the Health and Wellness Director as pertaining to schedules, members, facilities, equipment or other applicable categories
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures
• Abide by all safety, injury and illness prevention guidelines, taking exceptional personal responsibility for own safety and safety of program participants; respond appropriately to all emergency situations