Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
Nice to have
Oversee all manufacturing activities at Lenco’s (2) Pittsfield locations. Responsible for overseeing production-related activities for approximately 100 people. Achieve optimum labor, overhead and raw material costs for targeted production volume of vehicles per year. Develop a monthly and quarterly Production Schedule based on established level of business activity. Direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on-schedule and at a high-level of safety and quality standards. Ensure inventory and shipping/receiving functions are operating at levels which meet established benchmarks, production schedules and customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Effectively monitor the efficiency and accuracy of production departments, employees and processes
• Meet daily with appropriate members of staff and management to review
• completion status of each vehicle on schedule
• issues and/or problems and discuss resolution
• vehicle hour matrixes to determine if goal hours are being achieved.
• Throughout the vehicle build process, collaborate with production staff to track and rectify missing materials, supplies, fabricated parts or design issues.
• Collaborate with production staff to ensure “ship out” items are processed through all departments in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with Sales Administration on the development of the monthly production schedule with delivery dates for vehicles.
• Conduct weekly production meetings to ensure production staff is working in a coordinated and cohesive effort.
• Plan and direct production activities to establish priorities in keeping with effective manufacturing operations, resource utilization and cost factors.
• Establish and Monitor production hours to meet manufacturing goal objectives.
• Develop and analyze reports of labor hours to goal hours per vehicle and devise actionable plans to meet hourly objectives.
• Determine employee staffing requirements to optimize productivity and minimize overtime hours.
• Coordinate with Human Resources to address and manage employee issues.
• Assess knowledge, skills & abilities of employees in ongoing effort to maximize staff effectiveness and streamline the production processes.
• Assist in hiring, training, developing and appraising staff
• Coordinate with all Departments to ensure that all vehicles have met established quality control, safety and company standards.
• In day-to-day operations, oversee and assist the Facility Manager, Engineering Department, Purchasing Department and Quality Control Departments.
• Manage the manufacturing facility to ensure products are produced in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
• Evaluate and recommend equipment, procedures, facilities and improvements to promote maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s human resources, manufacturing capabilities and product development.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain confidentiality and security to ensure data protection, customer information, product specifications and associated information
• Travel as needed to customer facilities or occasional trade shows
• Other duties as may be assigned
• A minimum of five (5) years experience leading a process-oriented manufacturing environment
• Experience working in a welding and metal fabrication environment along with familiarity with automotive products is almost a pre-requisite
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related field is desirable with additional compensation, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff within all departments
• Ability to motivate staff and promote high morale
• Ability to maintain situational awareness
• Ability to see the big picture and maintain attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task & meet deadlines
• Basic reading, writing & math skills required
• Abilities to read & understand wiring schematics and blueprints
• Computer skills including Outlook mail, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Follow safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert maximum force to pull and carry objects.
• Must be able to climb into, onto and under vehicle
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting and kneeling
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Good hearing