Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
JOB SUMMARY: The Build Preparation Employee is responsible for the blueprint reading and proper assembly of parts used during the Building Phase.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Basic welding skills and knowledge
• Reading blueprints and drawings for design layouts.
• Accurate tape measure readings
• Identifying specific locations of part placement and welds.
• Load table by lifting steel into position using crane and various other lifting devices
• Part prepping grinding, and sanding for quality welding.
• Reading and understanding of weld symbols.
• Making sure all welding is in quality form.
• Inspect your own completed work for accuracy compared to the blueprints.
• Carry out work orders within a realistic timeline ensuring that deadlines are met
• Identify abnormalities and repairs required as result of internal actions and advise the supervisor accordingly
• Monitor instruments such as pressure gauges, indicators, or meters to ensure optimum processing conditions
• Maintain continuity by communicating and documenting actions, irregularities, and ongoing need
• Maintain all documentation including time sheets.
• Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions, trouble shoot malfunctions and inform supervisor of problems and malfunctions that occur.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area
• Identify areas of process improvement, cost, and waste reduction
• Work in an efficient and timely manner
• Undertake relevant training and development as required
• Maintain cooperative working relationships, and demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
• Adhere to and carry out existing work practices, procedures, and policies
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
• Understand and comply with safety and environmental policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Parts and Engineering Department Managers, Operations Manager, and Stockroom
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
• Excellent listening skills
• Alertness a must
• Take and understand measurements
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to maintain focus
• Meet deadlines
• Trouble shooting skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Basic math skills required (add, subtract, divide and multiply)
• Read and interpret nest prints
• Ability to write legibly
• Follow safety and materials policies and procedures
• Attention to detail
• Computer literate
• Mig welder
• Sheet Thickness Gauge
• Various hand tool
• Pneumatic tools
• Vacuum Lift
• Crane with various attachments
• Measuring devices
• Pallet jack
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert maximum force to pull and carry objects
• Must be able to climb into, onto and under vehicle
• Ability to frequently lift without restriction
• Extended periods of standing, bending, squatting, and kneeling
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Good hearing